As you grow old, you have a higher risk of arthritis. The joint damage from this condition might cause pain, swelling, & physical changes in the feet. However, you will be able to tackle it with the help of an arthritis foot massager. But what are these you must tackle & does a massager really helps? Let’s learn more about it here.
What is Arthritis?
The inflammation of one or many joints is arthritis. It might cause pain & stiffness in any joint in your body & is usual in the small joints of the ankle & foot.
There are more than 100 types of arthritis, many of which affect the ankle & foot. All types might make it difficult for you to walk & perform activities that you enjoy doing.
Even though there is no remedy for arthritis, there are several treatment options around to slack the progress of this disease & relieve symptoms. With appropriate treatment like using an arthritis foot massager, many individuals with arthritis can cope with their pain, remain active, & lead satisfying lives.
How Different Types of Arthritis Damage Your Feet?
Different types of arthritis affect your feet differently.
- Osteoarthritis: This type usually affects the first MTP (metatarsophalangeal joint) that connects the big toe to the foot, although it is also often found in the ankle & midfoot.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Normally, it appears in both feet & affects the exact joints in each foot. Typically, this is in contrast to OA, which affects one particular joint.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: It also causes enthesitis like plantar fasciitis & pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Gout: It frequently affects just the feet, commonly the big toe. However, by opting for an arthritis foot massager, you can get relief from it.
- Psoriatic arthritis (PsA): PsA takes a toll on your toes, triggering sausage-like swelling known as dactylitis. It is often along by inflammation of the entheses, the places where ligaments & tendons attach to bones.
Symptoms of Arthritis in Foot
Symptoms of foot arthritis often include:
- Pain while moving your foot
- Tenderness on touching the joint
- Trouble walking, moving, or putting weight on it
- Joint swelling, stiffness, or warmth
- More swelling & pain after you rest, such as sleeping or sitting
If you notice any of these above symptoms, then waste no time & opt for an arthritis foot massager today.
Remedies for Arthritis Pain
When you’ve arthritis in your foot, one of the most crucial things is to put on comfortable shoes. Check out these details:
- Shoes with proper support
- Shoes that are shaped like your foot
- More cushioning use rubber soles
- Look for flexibility & proper fit
Exercise can also help keep your foot flexible, strong, & pain-free. Moves that might be good for your foot include:
- Achilles stretches
- Big-toe stretch
- Toe pulls
- Toe curl
Other remedies for arthritis include:
- Take over-the-counter NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like naproxen & ibuprofen. However, these might have side effects like stomach irritation, so consult your doctor before consuming them.
- Creams with menthol or capsaicin, which might stop your nerves from forwarding pain signals
- Putting cold or heat on the spot
- Glucosamine & chondroitin supplements
- Gentle exercises like yoga & tai chi
- Self-massage with the help of an arthritis foot massager
Does a Massager Help with Arthritis?
We don’t think there is anything more relaxing than a rejuvenating foot massage with a foot massager at the end of a long day. You can also add a glass of wine or a cup of tea to that – & a good book or a fantastic movie!
Today’s electric foot massagers like an arthritis foot massager, are built to provide a soothing massage. Most foot massagers come with several features & functions that let you specify the type & intensity of the massage you need at any given point. Foot massagers are useful for individuals of all ages who are suffering from arthritis. They’re easy to handle, lightweight & take up not much space, making them ideal for every arthritis patient.
Foot massagers do relieve the pain & stiffness in your foot, at least for a short period. However, for long-term effects, you need to use the massager regularly alongside taking proper treatment as well. Massage in patients suffering from arthritis also needs to consider the enhanced sensitivity & proneness to inflammation of the joints, comparing it to a foot massage in healthy individuals.
Research has shown that foot massagers minimize the body’s production of cortisol (stress hormone). It also lowers levels of the arginine-vasopressin hormone, which might lower blood pressure; reduce levels of some seditious cytokines like IL-10 & IL-4; & enhance the production of the serotine, which is a mood-boosting hormone.
Apart from relieving their pain, arthritis foot massager helps arthritis patients in other ways as well, which include:
- Improving blood circulation in their foot
- Help sleep better
- Most importantly, make them feel relaxed
- Lower anxiety & stress
Therefore, we conclude in the end that foot massagers might well add to medical therapy for arthritis, but with psychological & functional benefits leastways over the short-term. Anyhow, more research is needed to clarify the massager’s duration of merits & mode of action.
Call to Action:
Are you in need of a foot massager? Well, in that case, buy your foot massager from Foot Log. Here at Foot Log, we provide our customers with the best foot massagers designed to ease your pain & discomfort & make you feel relaxed. To know more, give a ring to this number 1-801-302-5915.
BodyLog 24″ (Zebra)$19.99 Add to cart
3 FootLogs – 2 Installments – (A Rainbow)$29.99 / month for 2 months Add to Cart
Skin repair formula foot cream$19.99 Add to cart
3 FootLogs – 2 Installments – (Zebra)$29.99 / month for 2 months Add to Cart
3 FootLogs – 2 Installments – (Blue)$29.99 / month for 2 months Add to Cart
3 Footlogs (Blue)$59.98 Add to cart
A FootLog (A Rainbow)$19.99 Add to cart
2 FootLogs (A Rainbow) – TV SPECIAL$49.99 Add to cart